Oct 11, 2010

Sketches from my backyard (Part 2), Hong Kong

Hung Shing Temple @ Wanchai, HK 
Hung Shing Temple @ Wanchai, HK

The temple was probably built in 1847 and may have existed previously as a shrine. The temple was built with boulders from the hillside and its right portion and back are sitting on rocks. It has been listed as a Grade I historic building since 1987 and it is part of the Wan Chai Heritage Trail.

I am always fascinated by how the giant tree is 'growing' out of the back of the temple whenever I walk past it.
Hung Shing Temple @ Wanchai, HK Tailor shop @ Elgin Street, HK

Tailor shop @ Elgin Street, HK
Tailor shop @ Elgin Street, HK

A mahjong session was happening inside a small old cozy tailor shop along Elgin street near Soho last Saturday. I found another mahjong session being held upstairs at the same time. I guess business was slow on a Saturday afternoon so what the folks did was to create your own entertainment.

No comments: