Apr 21, 2011

Tiong Bahru Revisited Exhibition @ WhiteCanvas Gallery

This is a collection of works I am currently preparing for my upcoming exhibition which opens on the 1st July. Due to my limited time in Singapore (Easter cum school holiday), I have been making daily trips to Tiong Bahru to draw and sketch on location. I am kind of intoxicated now with the estate. A good thing though. I have a new understanding of this charming place. Now I can stand back and see a distinct 3 phases of recording through my sketches. Started with the routine sketches to collaging found objects at the site to sketching the future of this place. A-ha.... i see it now...Stay tuned for more to come....

IMG_2242
IMG_2239
IMG_226065 Seng Poh Lane (Updated)
Me, Tia & Don sketching at Tiong Bahru
My faithful sketching partners for this exhibition. Miel is missing from the picture.

No comments: